Friday, June 22, 2007

Beach Blog

There are a couple of things that I’ve been noticing about the real estate market that I wish to relay to you. But, before I get to that there are some miscellaneous meanderings that I wish to write about.

The many of you that know me, are aware of the fact that I try not to be a braggart. Yes, we all tend to do it at some time or another in our life. This is only human nature. I try to make it a point to not do so for the simple fact that I do not wish to put others ill at ease. So with that said…

Here I am where it all started – that is my blogging. I’m on a vacation of sorts in Ft. Lauderdale. Actually right now, I’m sitting on the veranda of the Atlantic Hotel, right across from the beach, drinking a Pina Colada. Yummy, it is!!

It always amazes me at what life throws at us. Or, maybe, I should say at what paths our lives take us. I’ve said this before, and must reiterate that I consider myself a very lucky and fortunate person. Yes, I’ve had my ups and downs just like the rest of us. I doubt if there is anyone that can say otherwise about themselves. The degrees to which vary and we may not be able to see that from our standpoint, but that is just it – it’s from our standpoint and perspective.

I’ve been planning on coming down to Fort Lauderdale for many weeks. This week before I came down I took my little girl, Nicci (Chihuahua) to the vet. Unfortunately, she came home with me, but I had to bury her. To say that this has upset me is an understatement. But, I have to remember that she had almost 14 good years and she was such a good girl & companion. She was my baby!

But getting back to what I was saying earlier, things occur & sometimes you have to wonder. Maybe there’s a connection and maybe there isn’t, but since that fateful day with Nicci, my phone has basically been ringing off of the hook with buyers & sellers.

The reason that I mention this is because there were a couple of items in the newspaper today that I will get to shortly. Additionally, I was talking with an associate of mine & she said the same thing about the buyers all of a sudden coming out of the woodwork.

Now, don’t get me wrong, the market is going to take quite a while to readjust itself. There is no doubt about this. But this obviously bodes well with somewhat a shift in the climate.

I received an email today from ORRA, the local realtor association, stating that the median price homes in the local market went up in May. Thirty year mortgages dropped slightly this week from an eleven month high of last week. But they are still under 7%. The Florida legislature has finalized what they are planning to do with property taxes & I think that the governor is signing such. There was also an Associated Press article stating that “The U. S. economy should expand modestly in coming months as a healthy job market continues to trump weakness in housing prices…”

Again, I must reiterate, it will take quite a while for the market to even out, but it does seem as if there are finally some changes in sight. We can only hope so.

Until next time – Marc It Sold!

No comments: