Thursday, October 22, 2009

Handyman / Craftsman in the Greater Orlando Central Florida area

This is not a story about the work that I recently had done at my home, but more so of the workmanship of the man who did it. I will have to give a disclaimer here, that I’ve become friends with this man, but the pictures will tell a story in itself.

There comes a time when we have to do some work to our homes. I’ve always kept up my home fairly well, but it was definitely time for some needed renovations and improvements. A gentleman that I had met online earlier this year had previously done some work for me on my rentals as well as repair work to some listings.

I was not only impressed with his work, but his work ethic as well. It is so hard to find people that will consistently give you quality work. In all my years of being a Realtor®, I would come across workman that will do a good job, but after time their quality of work appears to dissipate. I can’t see that happening with Tony Politis.

before
before
after
after

His eye for details & going the extra mile is what really got me. Here are just some of the things that really stood out. When he was laying the flooring, I did not anticipate him also doing the closets, but he did. And he did so without making a comment or batting an eyelash. I'm sure if you'd ask him, he would just say that's the way it's supposed to be done.

It was a collaborative effort in many ways, but he definitely has an eye for design. While he was laying the flooring in my office, he mentioned that I should paint the walls. He wasn’t doing this to create more work for himself, but because he knew the effect that it would have on the whole room. He was right!

before
before
after
after
after
after

While doing the master bath, the medicine cabinet was never placed in the correct position. Since I never really used it anyway, he removed it & put in decorative glass shelves. The towel rack was behind the bathroom door in a ridiculous location, so he just moved it to where it would be better suited.

I could go on and on with the details, but the pics will tell a better story. Oh, and I did forget to mention one of the most important things. He is very reasonable and especially when you consider the workmanship that you are getting for the price. Can you spell - VALUE!?!

tony politis home improvement repairs and renovations in the greater orlando central florida areatony politis home improvement repairs and renovations in the greater orlando central florida area

In fact at one time during the work, I said to Tony that he shouldn’t be calling himself a handyman, it should be a craftsman. Just to give you an idea, the different work that was done included, plumbing, electrical, tile work – laying & regrouting, flooring, carpentry, drywall, etc. Additionally, he’s done wood rot, siding, roof repairs, etc. for me as well. He will even tell you if you are doing more work than is necessary for the benefits derived.

The name of his company is Repair Your Home and his logo is “Fix it all…with just one call” Tony can be reached at RepairYourHome@ymail.com or call 407-620-5474. He is licensed and insured.

tony politis home improvement repairs and renovations in the greater orlando central florida areatony politis home improvement repairs and renovations in the greater orlando central florida areatony politis home improvement repairs and renovations in the greater orlando central florida areatony politis home improvement repairs and renovations in the greater orlando central florida areatony politis home improvement repairs and renovations in the greater orlando central florida areatony politis home improvement repairs and renovations in the greater orlando central florida area

No comments: