Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Market Update

OK, I know that I haven’t blogged lately, but can’t believe that it’s already been one month. My goodness, how time flies. But, finally, I’ve noted what is hopefully a good note.

As many of you are well aware, I like numbers & have been tracking the number of available homes listed in the Greater Orlando regional MLS. In mid June, I noted that the number of available properties slipped slightly one week, but then again continued to rise each week afterwards.

Well, this week, it again went down some. Maybe not a lot, but more so than I’ve seen in the past. It may not seem like a large number, but the number of available homes decreased by approximately 250. I can only hope that we are finally turning the tide.

OK, so this doesn’t mean that this period in real estate is over and everything is back to where we were over the past several years. But, it is still a good sign if this slide continues. I think that it might.

I’ve also noted that the calls for showing instructions have gone up over the past week. Granted, I feel that the properties that I have listed are priced well. But, I’ve noted a perceptible increase in the number of calls to see properties.

This in combination with the fact the fed has kept the rate steady & also that mortgage rates have slightly dipped over the past week all seem to be positive signs to our local real estate markets recovery.

Until next time – Marc It Sold!

No comments: