Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Super Duper MeMe – Oy Vay! Here We Go Again!!

With that said, when I saw this going around on Memorial Day I was hoping that I wouldn’t be victimized selected for this illustrious task. I was at first concerned about what I could come up with since I’ve written several already. And then you were asked to YouTube and Flickr, etc. Holy Moly, so much work and didn’t think that I’d be up to the task. Then in my email this morning, I got a cute little message from Sandra Cummings, “Your it....have fun....” Well, ‘fun’ wasn’t the first thing that came to mind. OK, enough with the bellyaching. Actually, I probably would have put this off to later, but see that so many people are being tagged and if I didn’t do this soon, then I’d have to try to find more victims, uh I mean, interested contestants.

The MeMe’s are floating around the blogsphere and as I stated I got tagged by Sandra, who was tagged by Jason Sardi, who was tagged by Jeff Belonger, who was tagged by Jeff Dowler, who was tagged by Mary McKnight, who started this crazy little game. Whew, just thinking of that is getting me tired already. It’s the age thing, what can I say? Probably a lot, but maybe not here – go figure!!

For a little background history, the purpose of a MeMe is to divulge a little something about you that others may not know. It is a very interesting way of learning about people whose blog posts you read. Then you, in this case, tag 8 more people to share in the love fest.

So without further ado here’s my MeMe:

  1. Who’s your favorite musical artist? Wow! This has changed so much during the course of my life. I think that the first song that I really remember is this. The first song that I recorded was this. OK, so I know that I’m dating myself and I’m getting off track. Was definitely into the Moody Blues in the late 60’s & 70’s. Goodness, so many great groups/people are coming to mind: Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young; The Eagles; Linda Ronstadt; The Doors; Bad Company; Madonna (but that was much later on); The Police; U2; Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes; David Bowie; and, the list can go on and on as most of my posts do. I was definitely into the English Beat in the late 70’s & early 80’s including the likes of Elvis Costello and the Attractions, Dave Edmunds, Nick Lowe, Billy Idol, Graham Parker and the Rumor. OK, so finally to my answer. It would have to be someone that I first heard in the Main Lounge at Seton Hall University in, I think it was, ’73. Can’t even tell you how many times I’ve seen him, but the answer would have to be Bruce Springsteen and especially with the E Street Band. I would have to say that this is one of my all time favorites from the album The Wild, the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle.

  1. Who is your favorite artist? I tend to favor more abstract art and expressionism than the classics. I think some of Kandinsky’s work is breath taking. But on the other hand I also like Marc Chagall. But I’d have to consider my favorites to be Folon and David Hockney.

  1. Who is your favorite blogger? I generally do not like to pick favorites as is obvious by this post already. But with that said, I would have to say hands down they (oops, can’t chose – they are all great in their own right, just read them and you’ll see) would include Andrew Lenza, Jason Sardi & Jennifer Bukaty. I’m not going to even go into why because this will then become a novel. Read each and you will understand in a heart beat. If I see any of their names on my blogroll, my finger itches to click on their post (Sardi and Lenza don’t even think of going there!).

  1. If you could meet anyone (alive or dead), who would it be and what is the most interesting thing about them? I just don’t really know. Firstly, I must reiterate what Lenn Harley stated in that how would I know what is the most interesting thing about them if I haven’t met them already. That said maybe I’m not imaginative enough to see myself in the company of someone possibly famous. Like Popeye says, ‘I yams what I yams’ or something of that sort.

  1. What did you want to be when you grew up? Maybe I’m getting old, but I can’t really remember except for one thing is that I always wanted to fly airplanes, but unfortunately was never able to for physical reasons.

  1. What is the most interesting piece of trivia you know? Not very good at this one also. I probably know a lot of what some may consider useless information, but when put on the spot….. Sorry, can’t really think of something and all I’d do would be to Google it and then write something, but you can do that yourself.

  1. If you could live in any point in history what would it be and why? Again, forgive me for not being imaginative and I surely can be, but I really like the times that I’ve lived through. We’ve had our ups and downs, but then so has every other era. I think when I was younger, I’d always thought of living in the future, but now I’m not so sure of that.

  1. What is the most interesting job you have ever held? Now this is fun. I always enjoyed being a Kosher Deliman, but my most favorite job, other than what I presently do (yet I don’t consider this a job) would have to be in the late 80’s. I’d work for a restaurant and while there we opened up several more. I was in charge of all of the wine, liquor and beer purchasing for all of the restaurants and handled all of the contractual services and basically anything that had to do with non food purchasing. Additionally, I also coordinated the opening of all of the restaurants including the design as well, but mostly for the kitchen and wait stations. Love the job and didn’t mind the long hours, but unfortunately, they just didn’t want to pay enough.

OK, that’s enough of me for a MeMe for a very long time. Here are your next candidates and they all happen to be lovely ladies:

Jennifer Bukaty

Lisa Heindel

Jan Evett

Jeanette Neerpat

Sarah Cooper

Elaine Hanson

Elizabeth Weintraub

Paige Rausch

Jan Wood

Janet Guilbault

ps. I have to mention that it is with regret that I totally neglected to add Paul Slaybaugh to the cast of characters as one of my favorite bloggers. Just read some of his prose if you haven't already and you'll immediately understand why!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marc,

I enjoyed this, even though you decided not to play by the full rules and listed 18 million music artists... lol And yes, you did show your age. Thanks for sharing this. Jeff

Marc Grossman, GRI said...

Jeff,

Oh sure! Rule schmules!! Why limit yourself, that's what I have to say!